Training is provided by State Registered or Former Paramedics, The trainers are HSE approved and have spent their days administering first aid in the real environment. The training is based on experiences and not simply taken from a book.
This course is available to anyone who is likely to administer first aid at work particularly if there is no qualified First Aider on the premises. The training is also invaluable for other situations for use in the home and for emergency situations in the community.
On completion of training, successful candidates should be able to:
• Understand the role of the first aider including reference to:
• the importance of preventing cross infection
• the need for recording incidents and actions
• use of available equipment
• Assess the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
• Administer first aid to a casualty who is unconscious (including seizure)
• Administer cardiopulmonary resuscitation
• Administer first aid to a casualty who is choking
For more information please contact email@example.com