Making Every Contact Count
This is a 2 hour session for staff working at all levels of an organisation. MECC means making the best of every appropriate opportunity to raise the issue of healthy lifestyle.
The course aims to:
- Know what MECC is and understand the potential impact of MECC in influencing health behaviour change
- Be able to identify opportunities with service users, clients, colleagues and other members of the public and understand how to make effective approaches in promoting health
- Make effective contacts and appropriate signpost and referral opportunities
- Know the current lifestyle recommendations for health and the effects of wider determinants
- Understand what response and actions would be appropriate in supporting lifestyle issues and how to measure their impact
- Know how to overcome concerns and barriers
Everyone can make a difference to someone’s health and wellbeing – it is about taking the opportunity and making it count.
For more information about this training please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0191 2636121