Our MHFA Standard course is split up into 4 manageable chunks. These are:
• What is mental health?
• Anxiety and depression
• Spot the early signs of a mental health problem
• Feel confident helping someone experiencing a mental health problem
• Provide help on a first aid basis
• Help prevent someone from hurting themselves or others
• Help stop a mental illness from getting worse
• Help someone recover faster
• Guide someone towards the right support
• Reduce the stigma of mental health problems. The MHFA Standard course usually takes place over 2 full days. However, the delivery of this course is very flexible and may be delivered over a number of sessions. Due to some of the sensitive subjects of our courses, including suicide, we limit numbers to 14 people. We want everyone to feel safe and our instructors can help if people find some bits particularly difficult.
This course is available to anyone. All that we ask is for you to be above the age of 16. This is due to some of the content being quite sensitive and can be upsetting to some. We want to ensure that we create a safe and suitable learning environment for all our attendees.
You can register your interest by using our contact page. This will then send an email to the instructor running the course who will then get in touch to confirm your place. Just simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a ring on 07917062257, where one of us will be more than happy to give you further advice or guidance.