The course helps learners to improve their knowledge and skills of health improvement in their local community or where they work.
During the course Learners will:
• Understand the factors that influence people’s health and wellbeing
• Learn how to promote the benefits of making changes to your lifestyle
• Learn how to work with communities around health
• Understand how to develop working relationships with communities
• Understand the role of a link worker
• Understand how to work safely with people about health (e.g. confidentiality, record keeping, equality and diversity)
The course is run over 2 days, with some homework. To achieve the qualification the Learner will need to complete a file and worksheets.
This course has been designed for Health Advocates, Health Champions, anyone volunteering or working in a health improvement role and people interested in finding out more about the link worker Role. It is recognised by the North East Public Health Educators Network as an alternative to the RSPH (Level 2) ‘Understanding Health Improvement’ qualification for Health Champions/Advocates
You can register your interest by using the ‘contact us’ section above. This will then send an email to the instructor running the course who will then get in touch to confirm your place.