This course highlights the factors that are affecting young people’s mental health. Young people are susceptible to a range of mental health issues and there are many triggers that can affect them.
Being a young person has its own complexities and having to deal with mental health issues adds another layer of complication. This course aims to:
• Identify the mental health issues affecting young people including self harm, suicide and eating disorders
• Explore the triggers for mental health in younger people
• Give you confidence to support a young person with mental health problems
• Try to reduce the young person’s mental health problem getting worse
• Give support on where to get further advice
This course is for anyone interested in Mental Health in younger people, whether you work with young people, support families or have young people of your own.